March 3rd is World Hearing Day - To hear for life, listen with care!
3/3/22 in Blog Posts
March 3rd is World Hearing Day!
To hear for life, listen with care!
With 48 million Americans experiencing some degree of hearing loss, at bbin电竞押注, our mission is to help individuals regain not only their hearing, but a lifestyle of connections, success and joy. Hearing loss doesn’t usually happen overnight. Since many find it difficult to notice any gradual changes in their own hearing, the first to notice a deterioration in one's hearing is likely to be their close family members and friends.
The close collaboration between our audiologists and ENT physicians allows us to recognize and treat problems more quickly and completely, and under one roof!
Common symptoms of hearing loss include:
- Difficulty hearing other people clearly
- Having to turn up the volume on your TV and other devices
- Asking people to repeat themselves
- Finding it difficult to understand conversation in noisy places
The 2022 World Hearing Day theme, created by the World Health Organization (WHO), “To hear for life, listen with care” focuses on the importance and means of hearing loss prevention through safe listening, with the following key messages:
- It is possible to have good hearing across the life course through ear and hearing care.
- Many common causes of hearing loss can be prevented, including hearing loss caused by exposure to loud sounds.
- ‘Safe listening’ can mitigate the risk of hearing loss associated with recreational sound exposure.
- WHO calls upon governments, industry partners & civil society to raise awareness for & implement evidence-based standards that promote safe listening.
- Hearing empowers us and helps us lead our everyday lives without limitations. It enables us to socialize, work and communicate. It also helps us to stay connected to our family & friends.
As always, we are HEAR for YOU!